When you live in the Washington DC area, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut, especially with this cold snap! Yes, we have many drivable areas to check out, but what about getting out of town – like really Out. Of. Town? The only way to truly escape from life here is by heading somewhere else—and luckily, there are plenty of options just a flight away.
Our airports are not very far if you’re looking for some warm weather!
The best part of these quick getaway trips is that they’re all within driving distance of Washington, DC.
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) – This airport is located in Northern Virginia and its now Metro-accessible. If you’re looking for a quick getaway from the city, IAD is your best bet because it’s only about 30 minutes away!
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) – This airport is located in Maryland and offers more flights than Dulles does.
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) – Located right next door from downtown DC on the Metro-line; this airport has been refreshed with plenty of new amenities including restaurants & shops inside along with parking garages.
Siesta Key, Florida – Flights Start at $75 IAD-SRQ
Flying into Sarasota, Siesta Key is a barrier island off the west coast of Florida. It’s known for its white sand beaches and turquoise water, making it a great place to go for a weekend getaway. The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, is located on Siesta Key and offers offers 89 luxury boutique hotel rooms, a restaurant, fitness center, outdoor pool, and unrivaled access to St. Armands Circle:
- 3 pools
- Wink Wink Lounge – Gulf coast flavors and mid-century vibes
- The Modern Pool Bar & Grill
- Walking distance to Sarasota Jungle Gardens and Circus Sarasota
Anaheim, California – Flights Start at $163 IAD-LAX
If you’re looking for a quick getaway, Anaheim is an excellent choice. It’s home to Disneyland and California Adventure, two of the most popular theme parks in America. The JW Marriott Anaheim Resort is an AAA rated 4-Diamond hotel that opened in 2020. The new luxury hotel in Orange County, CA and places travelers in an ideal location just steps from Disneyland Resort, the Anaheim Convention Center and Anaheim attractions.
- Tocca Ferro Italian Chophouse led by Executive Chef, Adam Haverland.
- Parkestry Rooftop Bar, Citriculture Outdoor Lobby Bar
- Peloton Hotel Rooms
- Rooms stating at 385sqft to suites offered at 1554sqft.
Scottsdale, Arizona – Flights Start at $159 DCA-PHX
If you’re looking for a quick getaway from Washington, D.C., Scottsdale is the perfect choice. The city is located in Arizona and has some of the best weather in the country during winter months.
The Hilton North Scottsdale at Cavasson is now open, featuring six stories with 237 guest rooms and 15 suites. The property offers rooftop executive lounges, a bar overlooking the McDowell Mountains, and a resort-style outdoor swimming pool. A 15,000-square-foot event center serves as the venue nearby to award-winning restaurants, bars and shops including Old Town Scottsdale where you can find plenty of shopping options!
Las Vegas, Nevada – Flights Start at $159 DCA-LAS
If you’re looking for a quick getaway from DC, Las Vegas is a great destination. The city has plenty to offer in terms of entertainment, food and nightlife. If you want to gamble on your trip or just enjoy some time away from home without the kids, then Las Vegas is the place for you!
Stay at the Circa Resort & Casino, its walking distance to the Fremont Street Experience and 8 minutes from Stratosphere Tower. There are 777 guestrooms featuring tablet computers and flat-screen televisions.
- Stadium Swim ($15 – $70 per person, Cabanas have a minimum spend $200-$600). Reserve ahead of time.
- Barry’s Downtown Prime, a steakhouse which features a bar/lounge
- Legacy Club Rooftop Cocktails overlooks the city on Circa’s 60th floor. Reserve ahead of time.
Quito, Ecuador – Flights Start at $289 DCA/IAD-UIO
Quito is one of the best cities in South America for a quick getaway trip. The weather is mild year-round, and the city offers plenty to see and do. With its historic center filled with museums, churches, and plazas, Quito feels like Europe’s South American cousin–but with better food and drink!
The best way to experience Quito is by walking around its old town (known as San Francisco). It’s easy to explore on foot because most attractions are within walking distance from each other or close enough that you can take public transportation between them if you want more time at each place than just one day allows. You’ll find plenty of places where locals go for dinner or drinks; make sure your itinerary includes time for both!
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico – Flights Start at $327 DCA-SJD
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico is a great destination for a quick getaway. This coastal city has plenty of things to do and see that will make your trip memorable. There are many restaurants and shops along Avenida Quinta Madera and Calle Melgar where you can stop in for souvenirs, fresh seafood or tacos!
Sitting on the southernmost tip of the Baja Peninsula, Nobu Hotel Los Cabos has mesmerizing views of sparkling sapphire waters, stretching as far as the eye can see. The hotel offers 200 guest rooms and suites, ample meeting and event spaces, a luxurious spa, retail shopping, infinity pools, private cabanas, and a variety of bars and dining, including a Nobu restaurant on the beach.
When you don’t have a lot of time to get away from it all, these quick getaway trips from DC can be just what you need.