Guest bartender Lauren Paylor of Dos Mamis and Pom Pom will join the The Royal’s bar managers Jake Kenny and Alonzo Freeman on a special menu of seven festive cocktails, including Wild Turkey Cocktails, each just $8 on Monday, November 18, 2019 from 8 pm-1 am.
[Hey! Have you seen my post on custom-made MTM clothing? Take a look, and if you place an order, they will add a free custom shirt. Just tell them The Washington Lobbyist sent you.]
Sip their sweet potato, swig some squash, knock back some turkey and pound a juice box punch; and generosity is rewarded, as those who drop a coat, blanket or canned goods at the donation station will receive a free cranberry jell-y shot.
Paylor represents Carlie Steiner’s Dos Mamis and Pom Pom, the rebranded former Himitsu. She also made a name for herself in the national cocktail scene this year, after becoming a top 15 finalist in the USBG’s World Class 2019.
She created an old-school old fashioned, a sweet potato sherry flip, and seasonal squash-and-maize infused collins cocktail:
- “BABBLING GRANDPARENTS” a 90s old fashioned riff made with Old Granddad Bourbon, Grand Marnier, bitters
- “WE WILL NOT BREAK BREAD WITH YOU” a seasonal collins made with squash, maize, white whiskey, Q tonic
- “DESSERT BEFORE DINNER” a sherry flip made with Lustau Sherry, Don Ciccio, sweet potato, whole egg
- “NO POLITICS AT THE TABLE” a smoky Manhattan riff made with Republic Restoratives Rye, Magnus Bourbon, cigar smoked vermouth
- “PASS THE GRAVY BOAT” savory Wild Turkey Cocktails infused with turkey, buckwheat honey, poultry herbs
The Royal. Address: 501 Florida Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001. Phone: (202) 332-7777.