The 61st Annual Washington International Horse Show is coming to the Capital One Arena on October 22-27!
[Hey! Have you seen my post on custom-made MTM clothing? Take a look, and if you place an order, they will add a free custom shirt. Just tell them The Washington Lobbyist sent you.]
This prestigious fast-paced and fun event has been an equestrian tradition since 1958.
Each October more than 500 of the top national and international horses and riders, including Olympic veterans, come together in Washington DC to compete in six days of thrilling competition and entertaining exhibitions.
POLICE ON HORSES
- Wednesday, October 23 (8:00 am): WIHS will host its annual Breakfast with the Mounted Police in front of Hotel Monaco at 700 F Street NW to meet the officers and their mounts. A long-honored and fan-favorite tradition mounted police units across the region will be recognized.
- There will be an outdoor buffet, including treats for horses! This provides a great opportunity for the local DC community to meet the officers and their mounts.
HALLOWEEN ON HORSEBACK
- Thursday, October 24 (7:00 pm): Barn Night reigns as groups of horse-crazy enthusiasts come to Capital One Arena to cheer on their favorite riders. Riders can go all out for their costumes: painting their horse, wearing masks, and donning laugh-out-loud attire.
- Horse lovers will have a chance to enter contests, win great prizes, and enjoy a fun, horse-filled evening of exciting jumping competition.
- Friday, October 25 (7:00 pm): Friday night is all about power and speed as we salute the military on our 8th annual WIHS Military Night.
- The $50,000 Speed Final for international jumpers is followed by the $25,000 Land Rover International Jumper Puissance (high jump), where the brave will jump the great wall until only one horse and rider combination remains fault-free.
- The North American indoor record to beat is 7’ 7-1/2,” set at Washington in 1983.
The full schedule posted. The 61st Annual Washington International Horse Show. Capital One Arena on October 22-27, 2019.