I recently attended a Sensorial Dining Experience at Gravitas restaurant in Washington, DC featuring True Aussie Beef and Lamb. This was a fully immersive, one of a kind, interactive dining experience where a group of us got to escape to an Australian summer for the evening–complete with tastes, smells, and sounds of this sought-after travel destination.
[Hey! Have you seen my post on custom-made MTM clothing? Take a look, and if you place an order, they will add a free custom shirt. Just tell them The Washington Lobbyist sent you.]
This was fully conceptualized by Chefs Renee Scharoff (Boston) and Claudette Zepeda (San Diego, a 2020 James Beard nominee), who spent 7 days in Australia last spring.
“The True Aussie brand was brought to life through pasture-raised lamb and grassfed beef raised in Australia.”Catherine Golding, Business Development Manager – North America, Meat & Livestock Australia.
Why it Should Matter to You
Aussie Beef is produced naturally in a land of abundant natural pasturelands recognized for grass-fed beef.
Australia also produces high-quality conventional beef, including flavorful Wagyu beef, providing a range of options for every taste.
Lamb from Down Under has the all-natural advantage. It’s free-range and naturally fed on abundant pasturelands, so it’s mild tasting and naturally lean and tender.
Plus, Aussie Lamb is free of artificial additives and hormone growth — a pure product of its pure environment.
Don’t forget the goat! The demand for goat meat in the US is growing as traditional goatmeat has become more and more popular with the broader public.
Many foodservice establishments recognize that offering Australian goatmeat options is a sure way to attract trendsetting diners.
Where to find Australian Beef and Lamb in Washington DC
- WHOLE FOODS MARKET 1440 P St NW, WASHINGTON, DC, 20005
- GIANT FOOD 1400 7th St, WASHINGTON, DC, 20001
- SAFEWAY 490 L St NW, WASHINGTON, DC, 20001
- SAFEWAY 1701 Corcoran St NW, WASHINGTON, DC, 20009
- WHOLE FOODS MARKET 2201 I St NW, WASHINGTON, DC, 20037
- GIANT FOOD 300 H St NE, WASHINGTON, DC, 20002
- SAFEWAY 1747 Columbia Rd NW, WASHINGTON, DC, 20009
- WHOLE FOODS MARKET 600 H St NE, WASHINGTON, DC, 20002
- GIANT FOOD 1345 Park Rd NW, WASHINGTON, DC, 20010
- SAFEWAY 1100 4th St SW, WASHINGTON, DC, 20024
- SAFEWAY 1855 Wisconsin Ave NW, WASHINGTON, DC, 20007
- GIANT FOOD 1050 Brentwood Rd NE, WASHINGTON, DC, 20018
The event provided a wonderful showcase for a product backed by generations of passion and has certainly opened my eyes to seeking out quality over availability. To learn more, head to trueaussiebeefandlamb.com