Washington, DC (June 7, 2011) – W Hotels Worldwide today unveiled their highly anticipated global iPhone application.
[Hey! Have you seen my post on custom-made MTM clothing? Take a look, and if you place an order, they will add a free custom shirt. Just tell them The Washington Lobbyist sent you.]
In DC, select sexy techno-savvy headed up to P.O.V. and saw the app in action. This app goes beyond making a hotel reservation app (worldwide), but also features an integrated music platform with exclusive content, a first for the hotel industry, as well as W Insider tips, fashion finds, and other meaningful ideas about “what’s new and next”.
Beyond the extension of the W lifestyle, the mobile app will serve as a clear business driver for W Hotels, on trend with how guests are now booking guestrooms.
The application can be downloaded free of charge at www.whotels.com/music or through the Apple App Store at www.whotels.com/mobileapp.
“The global iPhone application is a vital, new communication channel for W Hotels that allows us to further connect with our target audience, while bringing to life the passions of the W brand,” said Eva Ziegler, Global Brand Leader, W Hotels Worldwide and Le Méridien. “Our savvy guests now have on the go information for all W Hotels, including access to W’s signature Whatever/Whenever service, as well as exclusive music content curated by our Global Music Director, Michaelangelo L’Aqua, from DJs all over the world. The W iPhone app is another way for W loyalists to stay connected 24/7.”
Beyond music, other features of the W Hotels iPhone app include:
• Explore W Hotels Worldwide: Find, explore and book W hotels and retreats around the world.
• Get Local: Check out the local weather, get directions or take a first look at W photos.
• Stay connected: Connect with friends and followers through Facebook, Twitter or FourSquare directly from the W Hotels app.
• Get Insider Access: Find out about special events and exclusive W Happenings in each destination through the “Insider” tab on each hotel page.
• Order In: View and order from the hotel’s in-room dining menus at all hours.
• Have it Delivered: Tap the “I Need” tab for immediate service.
• Treat Yourself or Someone Else: Guests and non-guests alike can order anything, from champagne to snacks, to a guest room at any W Hotel.
• Anything Else? Just Ask: For any other special requests or question, the app enables users to send the hotel an email.
• Get the Inside Scoop: Find out about special offers to redeem during your stay at W Hotels around the world by choosing the “Messages” tab on each hotel page.
• Bring W Hotels Home: Get instant, on-the-go access to W Hotels The Store (W’s take on the traditional hotel gift shop).
• And for those who want more: Check out what’s happening at W Hotels around the globe or find a special deal for your next stay using the ‘Special Offers’ page.
To learn more about the W Hotels and burn partnership, please visit www.whotels.com/music.
If you haven’t been yet, or haven’t visited in a while, head over to the White House’s next door neigbor. There, you will see the most powerful suits – pinstripes and black lace—rendezvous at W Washington D.C., where Italian Renaissance meets modern cool. With commanding rooftop views of major landmarks, W-Gate is all about stately indulgence.
More great photos of the App Reveal are on The Washington Lobbyist’s Facebook Page.