[Hey! On Sunday, December 8, 2019, 2941 Restaurant will host a Decadence Dinner. Order a four-course ($100 or $175 w/ wine pairing), six-course ($150 or $250 w/ wine pairing) or eight-course tasting menu ($200 or $325 w/ wine pairing), which will be available exclusively, from 4-8 pm.]
The new dishes, marked with a special “TK” symbol on the menu at Zengo, feature the cuisine and spirits of one Latin and one Asian country. The result are amazing and flavorful combinations.
Available now to September 30th, Chef de Cuisine Graham Bartlett is preparing Test Kitchen: Hong Kong to San Juan, which will be offered during dinner service beginning at 5 PM.
Here are the items featuring the “TK” symbol:
– Adobo Sweet and Sour BBQ Pork Ribs with papa rellena, bacon, jack cheese and chayote slaw;
– Foie Gras-Plantain Mofongo Shumai with black vinegar sauce, and XO;
– Hong Kong Roast Chicken with Shaoxing wine, “moros y cristianos”, Chinese broccoli and tomato salsa fresca,
– Whole Crispy Fried Fish with Malanga puree, black bean vinaigrette and watercress salad.
– Zengo will offer Coconut Tapioca Pudding with lemon sorbet and guanabana espuma.
The Chinese-Puerto Rican’ menu items will range in price from $7 to $20.
To complement these distinctive dishes, Zengo’s mixologists are crafting unique cocktails with the flavorful fruits, spices and spirits of Hong Kong and San Juan including the Gingered Bourbon made with bourbon, Domain Canton gingered liqueur, fresh lemon juice and simple syrup; Lychee Bellini with sparkling sake and lychee puree, and the Strawberry-Lemon Mojito with rum, muddled lemon, fresh mint, strawberry puree, agave and a splash of club soda. These new cocktails are priced from $11 to $12.