Washington, DC – After sorting through over 150 emails, there were really only six things that peaked my interest, and I hope they get you on the right track to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
(1) – Enjoy the sweet taste of Sangria Lolea, a gourmet sangria from the Mediterranean. Pulling inspiration from its region of origin, Sangria Lolea, combines tradition and culture to make the perfect combination of wine and fruit, with a frizzante touch. It’s the personal project of a group of friends, who want to share what they love, making only a limited production for consumption each year.
(2) – Suiteheart at the Park package, available Thursday, February 12 – Monday, February 16. This romantic retreat includes an in-suite pot of Lemongrass Wild Rose Herbal Tea from Park Hyatt Washington’s Tea Cellar, designed to stimulate the senses, along with breakfast for two at Blue Duck Tavern (or in the comfort of the suite), and complimentary hotel valet parking. FOR RESERVATIONS: www.parkhyattwashington.com or call (800) 778-7477. Priced at $449 per night (exclusive of tax).
(3) – Voted among Top 10 Most Romantic Destinations by Travel + Leisure, Salamander Resort & Spa is offering luxurious romantic accommodations with the Night of Romance package and enjoy a $150 resort credit to use towards a romantic dinner in Harrimans, a relaxing treatment in the award-winning spa and cap the night off with a bottle of sparkling wine and truffles. FOR RESERVATIONS: www.salamanderresort.com Starting at $365 per room per night. (A la carte romance add-ons include rose-petal turndown and more.)
(4) – Victor Albisu and visiting chef Antonio Soriano, whose Buenos Aires restaurant Astor Bistro is one of Argentina’s brightest culinary lights, are preparing an a la carte holiday menu with dishes like chateaubriand and lobster gnocchi with smoked caviar this Valentine’s Day at Chinatown’s Del Campo. FOR RESERVATIONS: delcampodc.com or by calling (202) 289-7377. OR: James Beard’s Celebrity Chef Tour Febrauary 11, 2015 at Del Campo TICKETS AVAILABLE HERE.
(5) – On February 14th, the W Hotel’s Pinea is offering a decadent prix-fixe meal to remember. Enjoy three-course made for two people including a Fruits de Mer course with chilled lobster, bay scallops, shrimp, oysters tuna, mignonette, smoked cocktail sauce and preserved lemon aioli. An a la carte menu will also be available. FOR RESERVATIONS: pineadc.com and as always, all who dine at Pinea receive free valet parking at the hotel. $75pp.
(6) – RareSweets located in City Center DC is offering new specialty items, including two different “Lets Get It On” gift boxes, chocked with treats for your loved one; spicy hot chocolate mini cakes with toasted marshmallows, chocolate dipped coconut macaroons; and royal iced heart cookies. Chef/owner Meredith Tomason will offer the gift boxes via pre-order (orders must be placed by 2/9/15), and the mini cakes and cookies will be available both for pre-order and in the shop. ORDER: (202) 499-0077 or firstname.lastname@example.org