Washington, DC – La Puerta Verde will open to the public beginning with dinner service on Tuesday, January 17th, in DC’s Ivy City Neighborhood in the Hecht Warehouse.
[Hey! Have you seen my post on custom-made MTM clothing? Take a look, and if you place an order, they will add a free custom shirt. Just tell them The Washington Lobbyist sent you.]
La Puerta Verde – which translates to ‘The Green Door’ – is simultaneously reminiscent of a traditional Mexican Hacienda and nostalgic to its Ivy City roots.
How big is the restaurant?
3,800 square feet, seats up to 85 guests
Grilled Avocado Guacamole, Calamari Sinaloa – calamari tossed with pickled vegetable relish,
Pescado a la Talla – grilled whole fish in banana leaves and guajillo marinade
Carne Arrachera – grilled beef skirt steak with chorizo and cactus paddles, spring onions and queso fresco.
But I’m thirsty…
– Tequilas, mezcal, beers (local and imported)
– LPV Magarita with Silver Tequila, triple sec and fresh lime juice
– Jardin Ahumado (Smoky Garden) with Mezcal, fresh lime juice, cilantro
– Mezgroni with Mezcal, sweet vermouth,amaro (!!!)
– TQ Del Sol with Silver Tequila, house grenadine, OJ, Sangria with Red wine, brandy, berries, citrus
– Horchata Borracha with Reposado tequila, horchata, fernet valet
– Michelada with Tecate, tomato juice, and lime
La Puerta Verde joins fellow Mindful Restaurant Group restaurants; Ari’s Diner, Dock FC, Ghibellina, Sotto, Denson Liquor Bar, Harold Black, and Acqua Al 2. For additional information on Mindful Restaurant Group please visit www.MindfulRestaurants.com.