Helix Lounge is rolling out the red carpet for Washingtonians on Academy Awards Night, February 27, with its annual “Oscars Night Happy Hour” featuring a lineup of award-worthy libations. Best known for giving patrons their “15 Minutes of Fame,” Helix Lounge invites locals and hotel guests alike to celebrate Hollywood’s biggest night in the heart of the District. Patrons can watch the glitz and glam of red carpet on Helix Lounge’s 46” flat-screen TV and feel like a celeb in their own right while enjoying themed specialty cocktails and half-price burgers throughout the evening. Available from 5 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., the menu includes:
· Red Carpet Cosmo: DC fashionistas can critique the A-listers’ gowns throughout the night, while sipping on this Absolut Citron Cosmo. ($7)
· The King’s Peach: Enjoy this specialty martini featuring Absolut Peach Vodka, peach liqueur and splashes of sour and Sprite to help you smooth out your acceptance speech. ($7)
· Black & White Swan: Battling your dark side? This Absolut Vodka and Kahlua Coffee Liqueur cocktail swirled on the rocks with light cream with have you dancing all night. ($7)
· Buzzzz Lightyear: Go to infinity and beyond with this drink featuring Hendrick’s Gin, St. Germaine Elderflower Liqueur, fresh lemon juice and a touch of honey. ($7)
· Zucker-Burgers: Those who “Like” to stuff their face can much on half-priced burgers all night long. ($6)
The Helix Lounge is located adjacent to the Hotel Helix at 1430 Rhode Island Ave NW, Washington, DC. For more information, visit www.hotelhelix.com.