This summer Amy Brandwein, Chef of Owner of Centrolina and James Beard Award Best Chef Mid-Atlantic finalist, will be expanding her presence in CityCenterDC by opening her second concept, Piccolina – an all-day café and enoteca.
These are the first new renderings of the new restaurant, as well as a preview of dishes that she’ll be serving.
Central to Piccolina’s culinary programming is the wood-fired oven, which will be the restaurant’s main cooking method. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, guests can expect items such as:
- Wood Fired Omelet with Ratatouille and Gruyere
- Wood Roasted Grapefruit
- Scacce |Lamb Sausage, Rapini, Caciocavallo
- Eggplant Parmesan & Traditional Lasagna
- Seasonal vegetable sides (served hot or cold) | Tumeric Roasted Carrots with Yogurt and Blistered Zucchini Agrodolce
- A growing collection of homemade bread, including Rosemary Focaccia, Ciabatta, Sardinian Sheet Music, Buttery Brioche, and more
Designed by local architecture and design firm HapstakDemetriou, Piccolina’s bright space will accommodate guests to dine in, as well as take their items to go.
More updates as they come. Congratulations to Chef Brandwein.