Washington, DC (November 12, 2012)– About a week ago, I launched a full “tweet-ack” on our Washington, DC hotels and their respective restaurants to get the scoop on their Thanksgiving menus and offerings. The reasoning behind it was to simply collect their tweets and re-post them on my site. Next, we would leave it up to you, the reader, to decide what looked the most appealing in 140 characters or less. Below are their responses. Out of 24 Washington-based hotels tweeted, only 11 gave their responses. Hopefully, next time, they will be on the ball with their social media responses. Have a great Thanksgiving!
The Washington Lobbyist twitter handle @thewshlobbyist tweeted “Thanksgiving Dinner? Will include your response in a list 11/10/2012” on November 5th and below is the list as who responded first. I gave them a deadline of November 10th, 2012.
[Hey! Have you seen my post on custom-made MTM clothing? Take a look, and if you place an order, they will add a free custom shirt. Just tell them The Washington Lobbyist sent you.]
- Mandarin Oriental, DC @MO_WASHINGTONDC @TheWSHLobbyist : Thanksgiving dinner only at #Sou’Wester. Here’s the menu: http://bit.ly/UdeYlS ! Thanks for checking in!
- Sofitel Washington, DC @SofitelDC @thewshlobbyist Merci! Info: http://www.iciurbanbistro.com/whats_happening/documents/SofitelDC_ThanksgivingDinnerMenu.pdf …
- Art and Soul (Liaison Hotel) @ArtandSoulDC @TheWSHLobbyist @LiaisonCapHill we do & it comes with a leftover turkey sandwich to-go for you to enjoy the next day. http://www.artandsouldc.com/Thanksgiving-Day-Menu.html …
- Dennis Marron of Poste Brasserie in Hote Monaco @ChefDMarron @TheWSHLobbyist No Thanksgiving Dinner at Poste. Breakfast only.
- The Renaissance Hotel Dupont Circle @THERenDupont @TheWSH Traditional Thanksgiving dinner starting at 2pm. They will offer a Special plate at $24.95
- The Willard Hotel @WillardHotel @thewshlobbyist Occidental Grill & Seafood will be closed Thanksgiving, however the hotel is holding our traditional Thanksgiving Brunch.
- J & G Steakhouse, W Hotel @JGSteakhouseDC @TheWSHLobbyist YES! We are offering a 3-Course Prix Fixe Menu on Thanksgiving Day Noon-9PM $49pp … just posted info including full menu!
- Occidental Grill, the Willard Hotel @OccidentalGrill @TheWSHLobbyist @WillardHotel Sorry we are closed on Thanksgiving…New Year’s Eve, however, we will be ready!
- Blue Duck Tavern, Park Hyatt @BDTavern @TheWSHLobbyist We’re offering a ‘lunch to dinner’ service, more information found through the link. http://bitly.com/RD8nOS
- John Critchley of Urbana in Hotel Palomar @chefcritchley @TheWSHLobbyist excellent – bottomless bellini bar brunch on thanksgiving
- Kimpton Hotels in Washington, DC @KimptonInDC RT @thewshlobbyist Thanksgiving Dinner? DC properties will be closed, but Brabo, The Grille, Jackson 20 in Old Town are open!
Of the 26 listed, these hotels were nowhere to be found on Twitter: Beacon Hotel Restaurant: Beacon Bar @beaconhotelwdc, Capital Hilton Hotel Restaurant: North Gate Grill @CapitalHilton, Courtyard Washington Hotel: Nage @NageBistro, Dupont Circle Hotel: Café Dupont @DupontCircHotel @CafeDupont, Fairmont Hotel Restaurant: Juniper @FairmontWashDC, Four Seasons Restaurant: Bourbon Steak @FSWashington @BOURBONSTEAKDC, Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel: 14K @hamiltoncrowne @14KRestaurant, Hay Adams Hotel: Lafayette @HayAdamsHotel, Jefferson Hotel: Plume @TheJeffersonDC, Madison Hotel: Federalist @MadisonDC @thefederalistdc, Ritz Carlton Georgetown Restaurant: Fahrenheit, Ritz Carlton West End Restaurant: Westend Bistro @WestendBistro, and the Westin Georgetown Restaurant: Caucus Room Brasserie-Steakhouse @westin_georgtwn.
We look forward to hearing about your Thanksgiving plans, so keep us in the loop and Tweet your thanksgiving plans to @theWSHLobbyist wherever you are!