Washington, DC (June 5, 2012)– The District’s Pride Festival is in full swing. This year, looks like we will have great weather and lots to do. Here is a list of great hotels who have been so welcoming to the LGBT community, and a few key events that I think you shouldn’t miss. Have a great week and thank you to the hotels and hospitality companies who strive to build better connections and lead advocacy efforts on behalf of LGBT citizens and employers.
[Hey! Have you seen my post on custom-made MTM clothing? Take a look, and if you place an order, they will add a free custom shirt. Just tell them The Washington Lobbyist sent you.]
1. The W Hotel on 15th and Fst NW is inviting you to get pumped and primed for D.C.‘s wildest dance party of the year! Through their Facebook contest, one lucky fan will win this Ultimate D.C. Pride Experience! – Complimentary Weekend Stay for two at WDC June 8-10 – Two tickets to the Official 2012 Capital Pride Party/Brightest Young Things’ Wildlife Party on Friday June 8th at Howard Theatre – Two pre-game cocktails in W’s Living Room Lounge – All access Weekend Pass to Vida Fitness U Street & Exclusive Sold Out Member’s Only Penthouse Pool Club – Custom airbrush tanning for two at Fit to Be Tan on U Street. Enter here. Contest ends tomorrow!
2. Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel’s is the Capital Pride’s one of two official hotel sponsors. This Dupont Circle location is just minutes from Georgetown, Foggy Bottom and the DC Metro. Experience their hotel’s guest rooms and suites with their deluxe amenities creating the boutique hotel experience our guests have come to expect. Rooms start at $130. Book here.
3. Now you may not be able to find this in a store, but this winery, Potomac Point Winery is one of the best places to get hitched. Just 40 miles down to Safford from Washington, this venue offers several venues around their grounds that create the atmosphere you would like to portray. Whether you prefer an intimate dinner reception for two or a reception for 250 guests- they can accommodate your needs. Thank you for being a great venue to the LGBT community! Order La Belle Vie 2009 (pictured) here $16.99. For weddings, check out EnGayged Weddings.
4. Normandy Hotel. In honor of Pride, this luxurious, boutique property in the Dupont Circle area of D.C. is offering a special package starting Thursday, May 30 through June 30, 2012 called “Somewhere Under the Rainbow.” The Normandy Hotel – 2118 Wyoming Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20008. Make your reservation by calling (855) 533-6953 and mention code “PRIDE.
5. One of my most favorite hotels in Washington. The Hotel Palomar is Washington DC’s ultimate boutique hotel. From artful luxury and welcoming Kimpton Hotel hospitality to their superb Dupont Circle location, this is my personal recommendation. Kimpton is another Pride sponsor. Head into their Tuscan-style restaurant Urbana and grab a drink from Joe. Rooms start at $177. Make your reservation here. Other participating DC Kimpton‘s are found at capitalpride.org
6. Taste of Pride offers supporters of Capital Pride a wide range of dining experiences at restaurants within the Washington DC metropolitan area. Each month one restaurant will be showcased in addition to a variety of restaurants during the big Capital Pride celebration May 30 – June 10, 2012. These restaurants have shown a commitment to DC’s LGBT community through a welcoming atmosphere and a monetary donation to Capital Pride. Check out more here. 10% of sales on these dates. Boqueria (pictured), 1837 M St., NW is offering their donation June 4-7.
7. Join the Brightest Young Things and Amanda Lepore at the first LGBTA event at the new Howard Theatre! Party starts Friday, June 8, 2012 at 9:00pm and ends Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 3:30am. Tickets are $20, and $25 at the door. All the details are found here.
8. It’s a Three Hour Tour with Timur Tugberk and the Boomerang Party Yacht. On Saturday June 9 from 12:30-3:30pm, a ‘Gay Day at Sea’ will set sail along the Potomac River featuring DJ Chord Bezzera, frozen cocktails, and the ability to soak up the sun with new and old friends. Tickets are $40 online. All the details are found here.
9. And lastly of course is the Pride Parade on Saturday at 4:30pm. Join Grand Marshall Monte Durham “Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta,” as he parades away through Dupont Circle and 17th Street and end in the Logan Circle neighborhood of northwest Washington, DC. For more information, please go to CapitalPride.org