Metropolitan Hospitality Group (MHG) announces the opening of CIRCA at Navy Yard on Monday, February 11, in the Washington, DC Navy Yard neighborhood at 99 M Street, SE. CIRCA at Navy Yard marks the first of two Navy Yard openings for the MHG team, who will welcome Él Bebe, a tacos and tequila concept, in the adjoining space in the coming weeks.
CIRCA at Navy Yard is the fourth outpost for CIRCA, which has locations in Chinatown, Foggy Bottom and Clarendon. The new restaurant will initially open at 4pm daily for happy hour and dinner, with lunch and brunch to follow. Menu items include CIRCA signature dishes from Culinary Director Mike Huff, including:
- Brussels + Blue: sautéed Brussels sprouts, applewood smoked bacon, balsamic glaze, and blue cheese crumbles
- Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps: marinated short rib, bibb lettuce, sticky rice, kimchi aioli, chopped peanuts
- Tuna Poke Nachos: sesame ginger marinade, wasabi avocado cream, tobiko, pickled ginger aioli, wonton chips, roasted nori and sesame seeds.
- Dark Chocolate Torte made with Gran Marnier crème anglaise, Luxardo cherry syrup, chocolate pearls and whipped cream is a new signature dessert exclusive to the Navy Yard location.
Cocktails from Beverage Program Director Paul Williams include
- Treat Yo’ Self: a non-alcoholic drink featuring turmeric, carrot, orange, pineapple, mango, lime, and ginger beer
- Maple Old Fashioned: Redemption rye whiskey, maple syrup, Fee Brothers aromatic bitters, Angostura orange bitters – Aged in white oak barrels for 3 weeks
- Docked In The Tropics made with Don Q Cristal Rum, grapefruit, orgeat, and Angostura bitters, also a new signature drink exclusive to CIRCA Navy Yard
“We’re excited to open up our doors and officially join the Navy Yard community,” said Matthew Carlin, President of Metropolitan Hospitality Group. “The proximity to the baseball stadium and the metro make this location a great place for neighborhood dining and happy hour, business meetings, pre-game drinks, and brunch with family and friends.”
All CIRCA locations, along with the newest Navy Yard outpost will also offer an exclusive signature beer in partnership with local brewery Atlas Brew Works: the Atlas Tropic Thunder IPA is a light, dry-hopped IPA with pineapple and passionfruit aromas and a slight fruit taste on the palate. The fourth addition to the CIRCA family of restaurants will feature custom artwork by Miami-based pop and multimedia artist Miguel Paredes. Paredes is known for his colorful graffiti-inspired creations that include murals and statues, and his internationally renowned work has previously been commissioned by Disney Underground and the Latin Grammy Awards.
Brunch and lunch service will follow soon after opening, along with a 50-seat patio in the spring. Operating hours will be Sunday – Wednesday 11:00 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Thursday – Saturday 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. CIRCA at Navy Yard is located at 99 M Street, SE, Washington, DC 20003. For more information please visit www.circabistros.com/location/navy-yard/ or follow on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CIRCAatNavyYard/ and Instagram at @circabistros.