Cherry DC at the W Hotel is excited to welcome Chef Philip Marzelli as its Chef de Cuisine to provide an attention-grabbing seasonal menu. Chef Marzelli has an extensive culinary career in Washington D.C., previously working as Sous Chef in restaurants as Cork Wine Bar, Garrison Restaurant and more.
Most recently, he served as Executive Chef at Sfoglina in Downtown D.C. Additionally, Cherry DC at the W Hotel has launched its winter menu, with starters and mains intended to warm you from the inside out.
New menu highlights include Wood-Grilled Oysters with a green onion BBQ butter, a Smoked Pastrami Beef Rib served with pickled mustard seed slaw, and veggie sides that also get the fire treatment, like ‘Kung Pao’ Cauliflower and Coal Roasted Sweet Potato with red hot miso butter.
Cherry’s menu will continue to evolve throughout the seasons and will be influenced by Chef Philip Marzelli’s personal style of cooking.
Sip on new cheeky, seasonal cocktails featuring a “W DC Selection” Single Barrel Catoctin Creek Rye or Republic Restoratives Rodham Rye.
(Mostly) The Full Menu
- little gem lettuce – garlic bread crumbs, lemon caesar vinaigrette – 13
- baby kale – grilled pears, roasted walnuts, point reyes pomegranate vinaigrette – 14
- wood oven roasted avocado – salsa roja, hot bubbling queso – 13
- wood-grilled oysters – green onion bbq butter – 16
- grilled bratwurst – braised red cabbage, firecracker mustard – 16
- Amish farm squash soup – spiced pumpkin seeds, crème fraiche – 10
- wood oven pizza – charred pepperoni, castelvatrano olives – 19
straight from the fire
- whole fire-roasted fish – charred lemon-artichoke vinaigrette – 34
- smoked pastrami beef rib – pickled mustard seed slaw – 38
- grilled scallops – blood orange vinaigrette, roasted leeks – 29
- ale brined pork chop – roasted brussels sprouts & flame apples – 28
- grilled flat iron steak – old school twice baked potato – 29
- slow-cooked cast iron pot roast – winter root vegetables – 26
- vegetables au vin red wine – braised mushrooms & root vegetables with creamy polenta – 23 vg
dinner for two
- bone-in rib-eye for 2 – smoked chile steak sauce, grilled ruby onions – 68
- whole chicken for 2 – hot mustard-shallot butter, pan juices, roasted root vegetables – 36
- ‘kung pao’ cauliflower, peanuts, red chiles, ginger, garlic-soy – 10
- coal-roasted Amish farm sweet potato, red hot miso butter – 10
- roasted Amish farm carrots, citrus yogurt, pistachios – 9
- old school twice baked potato – 10
- roasted brussels sprouts, honey-lime – 10
Cherry. Located in the W Hotel Washington, DC. Address: 515 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20004. Phone: (202) 661-2400. For more information about the chef and the menu, please visit: cherrywdc.com