Washington, DC (June 18, 2013) – Local celebrity chef, restaurateur, and “Top Chef” Mike Isabella is joining with the American Cancer Society and 14 Washington, D.C. chefs and mixologists for the inaugural Fit for Hope weight loss challenge, kicking off June 24.
The 12-week challenge culminates at the Society’s Taste of Hope event September 24 at the Carnegie Library. Taste of Hope is the American Cancer Society’s annual signature culinary, wine and spirits event. In honor of its 100th birthday, this is the first year the Society has brought Taste of Hope to Washington, D.C.
Fit for Hope competitors:
– Anthony Acinapura—Brasserie Beck (executive chef)
– Victor Albisu—Del Campo, Taco Bamba (chef/owner)
– Will Artley—Pizzeria Orso (executive chef)
– Derek Brown—The Passenger, Columbia Room, Mockingbird Hill, Eat The Rich (owner)
– RJ Cooper—Rogue 24 (chef/owner)
– Frederik de Pue—Azur, Table (chef/owner)
– Scott Drewno—The Source by Wolfgang Puck (executive chef)
– Maziar Farivar—Peacock Café (chef/owner)
– Matt Hill—RANGE (executive chef)
– Mike Isabella—Graffiato, G, Kapnos, G Grab and Go (chef/owner)
– Marjorie Meek-Bradley—Ripple (executive chef)
– Shannon Overmiller—The Majestic (chef)
– Todd Thrasher—Restaurant Eve, The Majestic, PX, Society Fair, TNT (general manager, sommelier, liquid savant)
– Bryan Voltaggio— VOLT, Lunchbox, Family Meal, RANGE (chef/owner)
– Ryan Wheeler— Eat Good Food Group (corporate chef)
Helping the participating chefs and mixologists lose big during Fit for Hope are local trainers Monica Pampell (owner PentaFit), and Jason Yoo (owner Team Yoo Sport Taekwando; Olympic Taekwando trainer), as well as certified Pilates instructor Chauna Bryant (owner Chauna Bryant Pilates).
While dropping pounds, each participating chef and mixologist will be raising a minimum $2,500 during the 12 weeks. Stay tuned for fundraising happy hours and restaurant events. To support your favorite Fit for Hope chefs and mixologists, to make donations, and to track their progress, please visit www.tasteofhopedc.org.
At the end of the 12-week Fit for Life challenge, participating chefs and mixologists will be evaluated based on percentage of body weight lost. Bloomingdales will makeover the Top three “losers” for the big reveal and announcement of the winner at Taste of Hope, September 24.