Washington, DC (February 4, 2013) – On Wednesday, February 13, 2013, the Jefferson Hotel and Advanced Sommelier Michael Scaffidi will host a Châteauneuf-du-Pape dinner, inviting guests to sit along side 6 of France’s most notable Châteauneuf-du-Pape winemakers of the southern region.
[Hey! Have you seen my post on custom-made MTM clothing? Take a look, and if you place an order, they will add a free custom shirt. Just tell them The Washington Lobbyist sent you.]
The wineries that are making the journey from France include;
- Sébastien Cuscusa (Domaine la Consonnière)
- Jean-Marc Diffonty (Cuvée du Vatican/Château Sixtine)
- Pascal & Mireille Lafond (Domaine Lafond ‘Roc-Epine’)
- François Michel (Le Vieux Donjon)
- Pierre Pastre (Château Fortia) whose 1793 Baron de Roi was the first wine established as an AOC. The Appellation d’Origine Contrôlée, a French certification whose rules closely define which grape varieties and winemaking practices are approved for classification in each of France’s several hundred geographically defined appellations, and
- Thierry & Sandrine Usseglio (Domaine Pierre Usseglio & Fils)
Each guest will have an intimate experience reminiscent of dining in one of the winemaker’s homes. The flavors of these exceptionally expressive wines will be paired with a 5-course tasting menu created by the skillful hand of executive chef Chris Jakubiec.
Jakubiec is venturing beyond the repertoire of his distinctive dishes and is purchasing produce straight from the Rhône Valley which he will incorporate into dishes such as Garlic and Sunchocke Velouté with Black Truffle; Mussel Gratin with Fennel, Chorizo, and Mussel Glacage; Roasted Stuffed Quail with Chestnut and Foie Gras Stuffing, Spiced Red Wine Jus and Wilted Seasonal Greens; a Rhône Cheese Selection, and Apple “Matefaim” with Salted Caramel Sauce and whipped Crème Fraiche to create a perfect balance and partnership of tastes.
The Châteauneuf-du-Pape “Pape-Up” Dinner is Wednesday February 13, 2013 at 6:00pm. This is a 5-Course Tasting Menu featuring 6 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Winemakers. The price is $160 per person. To make reservations for this intimate dinner, please contact sommelier Michael Scaffidi at 202.448.3233 for details and to reserve your place at the table.