Returning for a second year, “Oyster Wars” recalls a time when oyster pirates roamed the Chesapeake Region, turning the humble local oyster into a delicacy revered by many. The annual fall celebration invites guests to the Capitol Riverfront for an afternoon of the finest seafood and brews from New England to Virginia.
Your $55 ticket (Eventbrite) offers an afternoon along the Anacostia River featuring live music from the reggae band See-I, DJ sets from DJ Stylus Chris with friends Harry Hotter, and tastings from participating chefs and oyster farms.
Joining Chef Kyle Bailey, The Salt Line, at Oyster Wars this year are:
- Chef Jamie Bissonnette, Little Donkey, Toro & Coppa (Boston)
- Chef Jeremy Sewall, Row 34, Island Creek Oyster Bar (Boston)
- Chef Spike Gjerde, Woodberry Kitchen & A Rake’s Progress (Baltimore & Washington DC)
- Chef Mike Friedman, The Red Hen & All Purpose (Washington)
- Chef Eric Houseknecht, Thames Street Oyster House (Baltimore)
- Chefs Danny Lee & Scott Drewno, ChiKo (Washington DC)
- Chef Victor Albisu, Taco Bamba (Washington, DC)
- Pastry Chef Tiffany MacIsaac, Buttercream Bake Shop (Washington DC)
Oysters prepared by the chefs and offered raw on the half shell will come from eight incredible oyster farms:
- East Beach Blonde Oysters (Rhode Island)
- Glidden Point Oyster Farm (Maine)
- Harris Creek Oyster Co. (Maryland)
- Island Creek Oyster Farm (Massachusetts)
- Peconic Gold Oysters (New York)
- Sapidus Farms (Virginia)
- War Shore Oyster Co. (Virginia)
- White Stone Oyster Co. (Virginia)
Co-hosted by Other Half Brewing Co. (Brooklyn, NY), Oyster Wars welcomes a selection of outstanding breweries from along the Eastern seaboard and beyond. Joining Other Half Brewing Co. are cash bars featuring unique brews by:
- Trillium Brewing Co. (Boston, MA)
- J. Wakefield Brewing (Miami, FL)
- Monkish Brewing Co. (Torrance, CA)
- Bissel Brothers Brewing Co. (Portland, ME)
- Allagash Brewing Co. (Portland, ME)
- Oxbow Brewing Co. (Portland, ME)
- The Veil Brewing Co. (Richmond, VA)
- Jester King Brewery (Austin, TX)
- DC Brau Brewing Co. (Washington, DC)
- 3 Stars Brewing Co. (Washington, DC)
A portion of ticket sales will be donated to the Anacostia Riverkeeper, an advocacy group working to protect and restore the Anacostia River, and the Oyster Recovery Partnership, which strives to create a self-sustaining oyster population through ecological restoration that expands economic opportunities in the Chesapeake and Coastal Bays.
Saturday, September 29, 2018. 3:00pm – 8:00pm
The Salt Line. 79 Potomac Ave SE. Washington, DC 20003.
Tickets will be available on Eventbrite.com for $55 and will likely sell out in advance.