Urbana has a vibrant, spring antipasti menu for the summer. As a result, Executive Chef Ethan McKee is now offering options to enjoy dishes a la carte or to build your own tasting menu!
[Hey! I want to let you know about a tasting event at NatGeo on Tuesday, December 3, 2019. Tickets are 20% off with my promo code BZK20.]
New Spring Dinner Menu
For example, seasonal staples like ramps and fennel have a starring role in handmade pizzas, pastas, and other dishes.
- Romesco, salsa verde, quail eggs, almonds, and capers. Coupled with Grilled White and Green Asparagus.
- Forager Pizza with black trumpet, chanterelle, and morel mushrooms. Coupled with ramps and tallegio
- Ricotta Tortelli with ramps, morel mushrooms, asparagus, fava beans, parmesan. Also sage butter
- Lamb Shank with polenta, pesto, mint. Coupled with fava beans and baby carrots
- Sea Scallops with sunchoke risotto, asparagus, pancetta. Coupled with wild spring mushrooms, and leeks
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie. Also with house-made strawberry ice cream
- Nutella Ice Cream Sundae. In addition to house-made Nutella, vanilla, and caramel ice creams, chocolate & caramel sauces, candied hazelnuts, whipped cream. Lastly, topped with a Luxardo cherry.
Build-Your-Own Tasting Menu
- The ‘Taste of Urbana’ menu is a four-course sampling of the dinner menu. Thus at $65, it includes a glass of prosecco, chef’s choice of antipasti, and guest’s choice of pasta, secondi, and dolci courses.
- Therefore, the selections include all pastas, entrees, and desserts from the full dinner menu—even the $38 New York Strip Steak!
- Finally, most options accommodate gluten-free diners.
‘Chef’s Grande Antipasti Board’
Cheese and charcuterie lovers will delight in the ‘Chef’s Grande Antipasti Board’ now available on Urbana’s bar menu. Here, the Italian spread is a feast for both eyes and stomach, serving up a selection of;
- Italian cheeses
- Tuscan hummus
- chicken liver pâté
- house-made ricotta
- vegetable antipasti
- pickles, olives
- nuts, and bread.
Italian Spring Cocktails
Lead Bartender Lauren Mathews has debuted Italian-inspired cocktails flavored with seasonal, floral elements.
- The Page Turner, a well-balanced combination of Lorenzo Inga My Amaro, cardamaro, bourbon, wild flower honey, spices, and bitters;
- The light and refreshing Spring Zephyr made with Saler’s aperitif, gin, rose petal syrup, and rosé vermouth;
- And the tart and playful Camparti featuring Campari, ginever, strawberry sugar, lemon, and orange blossom water.
Happy hour is offered daily from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Urbana Dupont Circle. Address: 2121 P St NW, Washington, DC 20037. Phone: (202) 956-6650.