Washington, DC – The National Archives Foundation, the nonprofit partner to the National Archives has launched a nationwide giveaway to allow a family of four to experience July 4th like never before, including travel to Washington, DC to celebrate our nation’s birth at the home of the original Declaration of Independence.
More information is available at: http://archivesjuly4.org/giveaway/win-a-trip. The deadline to enter is June 10. July 4th at the National Archives is made possible in part by the National Archives Foundation with the generous support of John Hancock and Dykema.
– Round-trip airfare for 4 individuals on Southwest Airlines
– 3-night stay at a local hotel
– 3-course tasting menu for four people at Derek Brown’s Columbia Room
– Explorer-level membership to the National Archives Foundation
– VIP experience at July 4th at the National Archives
– Private tour of the National Archives Museum
– July 4th gift basket, courtesy of the National Archives Store, including Declaration facsimile
Every year, the National Archives hosts a celebration of the anniversary of the adoption of the Declaration of Independence with a traditional July 4 program in Washington, D.C. The celebration includes a dramatic reading of the Declaration by historical reenactors and a full day of free family-friendly activities and entertainment for all ages.
In-kind support for the July 4th giveaway provided in part by Southwest Airlines and Derek Brown. #ARCHIVESJULY4