The Willard InterContinental will celebrate the 143rd Kentucky Derby at its 31st Annual Bonnets and Bow Ties Party on Saturday, May 6th, from 4:00pm – 7:00pm.
The all-inclusive admission features an afternoon of complete derby coverage:
– mint juleps
– unlimited beer and wine
– Southern-style bites
– casino-style gaming (winner gets a $200 Round Robin bar credit)
– live jazz
– prizes for “Best Derby Bonnet,” “Fanciest Bow Tie,” and “High Roller” casino winner.
Guests to the event will also be able to enjoy a Southern-inspired menu curated by Executive Chef Peter Laufer and Pastry Chef Jason Jimenez.
– pimento cheese and benedict dip station
– stone-ground grits with choice of bourbon cheddar cheese
– sautéed shrimp, or bourbon-braised short ribs
– a slider station
– hot brown turkey sandwiches, Louisville’s most famous dish
– dark chocolate pecan derby tarts
– mint julep anglaise shooters
– whiskey vanilla bean crème brûlée
– hummingbird cake bites.
PLUS! The Willard will release 100 Limited Edition Commemorative Round Robin Bar Mint Julep Cup. Each cup will have its respective number engraved at the bottom. The Round Robin Bar’s Commemorative Mint Julep Cup will be available for purchase with The Bicentennial Mint Julep, a specialty julep made with Makers Mark 46, in the Round Robin Bar for $50.
All-inclusive tickets to The Willard’s Bonnets and Bow Ties Kentucky Derby Party are now available and can be purchased ONLINE for $89 through April 21 and $99 any day after. Tickets are nonrefundable.