Washington, DC (August 27, 2013) – On August 19th, the Washington Area Concierge Association celebrated their 30th Annual Gala on the Georgetown Waterfront at Tony and Joe’s Seafood Place. All of the proceeds raised from the gala were returned to The John B. Campbell Hospitality Scholarship, Les Clefs d’Or, and the Washington Animal Rescue League.
WACA members also had the opportunity to award businesses, retailers and venues with their prestigious Concierge Choice Awards.
– Kennedy Center, Choice for Best Place for the Theatre,
– On Board Tours, Choice for Best Tour Guide,
– Where Magazine, Choice for Best Publication,
– Macy’s, Choice for Best Retailer,
– FT Airport Shuttle, Choice for Best Transportation,
– Newseum, Choice for Best Attraction/Visitor Experience,
– In House Doctor, Dr. Ernest Brown, Choice for Best Service, and;
– Penn Social, Choice for Best Bar/Lounge.
The night included a tour aboard the Moksha, a luxury yacht originally launched in Brisbane Australia in 2006 at the Warren Yacht Shipyard, renowned for fine craftsmanship and state of the art design. There was also a raffle and silent auction. The event was sponsored by DC Magazine, Peroni, Grey Goose, Ripple, the Newseum, the International Spy Museum, Big Bus Washington DC, and Saks Gives.