Washington, DC (March, 9, 2012) – March is a time when things are flourishing and positive feelings are being shared. And what color best represents that flourishing feeling but green. I’ve compiled a list of necessary items that will improve your march into spring. Enjoy!
1. Throwing a St. Patty’s Day bash? What’s a St. Patty’s party without a proper beer dispenser and a few festive drink concoctions? This year, wow your guests with a KRUPS Heineken BeerTender and some Irish drink favorites on this fun holiday. Engineered to work exclusively with Heineken, Heineken Premium Light and Newcastle Brown Ale. Check out www.krups.com listed at $149.99.
2. Upcycle with style! Pair of bronzed spelter figurines representing power and industry. 13 1/2″H ca.1900. $265. Found at thebrassknob.com.
3. Since 1973, Molton Brown has brought superior products to luxury hotels, airlines and now your home. Bracing silverbirch thermal muscle soak. $30. Hydrate – desert bloom intense hand rescue. $30. White mulberry fine liquid hand wash. $28. Found at moltonbrown.com.
4. Established in 1938, located inside the U.S. Department of the Interior, The Indian Craft Shop represents the work of American Indian Artists from across the country. This charming shop is under historical preservation with original murals painted in 1938 by the late Allan Houser and the late Gerald Nailor. Pictured is a Navajo made necklace. indiancraftshop.com.
5. Looking for a little pillow talk? The 2012 DreamHome will be unveiled at at preview party at the Washington Design Center March 15, and will remain open through November 30. The Washington Design Center is located at 300 D Street, SW in Washington DC. Viewing hours are Mon.‐Fri., 9 a.m.‐5 p.m., and admission is free. Celebrating the next generation of design in Washington, D.C., eight emerging interior designers have been selected to create rooms inspired by the works featured in the exhibition “40 Under 40: Craft Futures,” opening this summer at the Renwick Gallery.
6. Enjoyed that BeerTender a little too much? Then you might want to consider these little tablets. RECOVERYbits are 100% chlorella algae. Chlorella is an algae that removes toxins from the body. Yes, even alcohol. All they suggest you do is just swallow or chew a handful of RECOVERYbits algae tabs after your naughty night of drinking and you’ll wake up the next morning fresh as a daisy. $115.00. Price is for a re-sealable foil bag of 1,000 tabs and includes a matching, refillable travel tin. Order at naughtybits.com.
7. ArtJamz is taking the next step in its evolution by opening its first permanent retail location– the ArtJamz Dupont Studio. $65 includes beer, wine and vitaminwater zero, falafel plates, great music, a canvas that you get to paint and keep, unlimited acrylic paints, brushes, and art materials. A new $45 pay-as-you-go bar option is now available as well. ArtJamzDC.com
8. Forest Green Micro Gingham. This earth tone provides some multi-seasonal versatility to the closet. Try pairing with a navy or linen blazer for a perfect combination. Custom made for you from luxurious 100% 2-ply Egyptian Cotton. Imported. $110. AltonLane.com
9. Elizabeth’s Gone Raw. This raw tasting menu has been created to evoke the essence of living foods, prepared with imagination and thoughtfulness. Each dish boasts a variety of flavors, colors and textures combining raw ingredients in ways that are both healthy and innovative. Elizabeth’s Gone Raw is open and serves dinner only on Friday evenings, Reservations are required and are available from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Elizabeth’s Gone Raw is located at 1341 L Street, NW Washington, DC 20005. 100% Organic Raw-Vegan Tasting Menu. Each priced at $75.
10. Sea Spray Chandelier – Hand Blown Art Glass Lighting in Aqua and Lime Green. $2,415.00. Available at www.1020glassart.com