Washington, DC (January 16, 2013) – It is 2013 in Washington! New beginnings, new resolutions and lots of new restaurants and retail offerings to be a part of. Make a promise to yourself that you won’t miss out on these top ten items on the Lobby-List 2013.
- Cheese Tasting Courses (Sofitel Hotel) – Fromage, as it said in the lobby of the Sofitel, is offering classes beginning on January 29, March 1, and March 27. The first classes is a 101, then a battle of European and American, and finally you get to learn the ropes (or the cheese cloth) from Oregon cheese makers from Rogue Creamery. $50 a class, but 20% off when you sign up for all three. Sign up with Event Manager Vincent Gernigon at Vincent.Gernigon@sofitel.com
- Yes We “Can” Goose Island Tap Takeover Party (Jack Rose) – On Thursday, January 17th Jack Rose Saloon in Adams Morgan will kick off Inauguration Weekend with a Yes We ‘CAN’ Goose Island Tap Takeover Party. From 7 p.m. to midnight, guests can enjoy specials on Goose Island canned brews, and Sofie, a saison – will take over the taps upstairs. And from 7 to 9 p.m. guests can enjoy private tastings of extremely rare Goose Island imperial stouts in Jack Rose’s exclusive new basement bar, including the award-winning Nightstalker, the bourbon barrel-aged Bourbon County Stout. For more information, please visit www.jackrosediningsaloon.com or call 202-588-7388.
- New Restaurant (Mari Vanna) -With an established reputation of excellence in authentic Russian cuisine in New York, London, Moscow and beyond, the capital’s 6,500 square-foot eatery will be Mari Vanna’s largest location in the world. Located at 1141 Connecticut Ave., NW, the hotspot finds its home in one of the district’s most upscale locales. Just five blocks from the White House and steps away from the historic Mayflower Hotel. Mari Vanna is located at 1141 Connecticut Ave., NW, Washington, D.C. 20036. www.marivanna.ru or call 202-783-7777.
- VIP Concierge Service (ICON) – Just in time for Inauguration, ICON a luxury concierge firm offering a unique brand of VIP services for select clients in Washington, DC and Miami. Whether you want front-and-center tickets to the hottest concert in town that day or have an idea about staging the most unique engagement proposal ever, let ICON’s team work with you to deliver quickly and with the discretion you have come to expect. ICON’s special service allows our clients to fulfill their wildest dreams. www.iconconcierge.com
- American Made (Room & Board) – As a Minnesota-based, privately owned company, Room & Board has been designing home furnishings for more than 30 years. Ready for 2013, the American Made Collection will be making its mark on the 14th Washington Design District on January 26th. They have even redesigned their showroom. Check it out at 1840 14th Street NW, Washington, DC 20009.
- Members Only (P.J. Clarkes) – Starting recently, the New York import P.J. Clarke’s has made its downstairs a members only dining club for a select special few in Washington. Membership to SideCar includes the ability to call by 10pm and keep the dining room and bar open no matter what your party size. Also, invitations will be sent out for members-only events and parties. To celebrate their new found privacy, SideCar will host a members-only prohibition-era event serving FEW Spirits, named after Frances Elizabeth Willard, a reformer for the Temperance Movement. Enjoy Members!
- Ties & Stripes (Brooks Brothers) – Did you know the Brooks Brothers has dressed 39 of the 44 U.S. Presidents? Even better, Lincoln, Roosevelt wore Brooks Brothers for their Inauguration and even Barack Obama himself wore a top coat and gloves from the 1818 American clothier. Suit yourself at 1201 Connecticut Avenue Northwest, 3077 M Street Northwest or the Donald W. Reynolds Center for American Art and Portraiture at 800 F St Northwest.
- Bread Putting (Paul USA Tysons Galleria) – Our newest French import, Paul has truly made its mark here in Washington. Now, if you are in Tysons Galleria, you can get that authentic flavor at the Level I Parking Garage entrance between Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus, and directly across from Lebanese Taverna. Arm yourself with macaroons at 2001 International Drive #1856-G, McLean, VA 22102.
- Bandit Ballroom (Heist) – Interior designer Brian Swanson brings the glitz and gold to the newest club on Connecticut Ave called Heist. This intimate party space include bullet studs in the Chesterfield leather DJ booth, a 24karat gold water buffalo skull, a champagne vault, and a commissioned painting by internationally revered street artist Alec Monopoly. Begin your reconnaissance by following their twitter at @HEISTDC and head to HEIST Lounge. 1802 Jefferson Place Northwest.
- Statement Earrings (Henri Bendel, Tysons Galleria) – If you are watching the red carpet this season, you’ll know that Statement Earrings are more popular than ever. Check out these Burst Chandelier Earrings from Henri Bendel made with Swarovski Elements, gold plated brass and has a drop of 2.25 inches. $198 at Henri Bendel.
What a year this will be, and we hope you can check out all these great new offerings! Happy 2013!