Arlington, VA (May 29, 2013) – After completing course work at one of the graduate schools in the Clarendon Virginia area in 2011, there hasn’t really been a reason to return. Recently, a friend recommended a new restaurant in the Clarendon area. When it came time exit the metro escalator, there was a new energy in the air. So many new places to eat! Here is a small list of places (in no particular order) that were discovered on a recent trip across the Potomac.
- La Tagliatella – 2950 Clarendon Blvd, Arlington, Virginia 22201 – The essence of the traditional Italian cuisine from the northern regions of Piamonte, Liguria, and Reggio Emilia is captured. Over twenty years of experience and dedication serve up the genuine tastes of Italy.
- Pinkberry – 2930 Clarendon Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201 – Made with real nonfat milk and real nonfat yogurt that has been certified by the National Yogurt Association to carry the Live & Active Cultures seal. Hand-crafted flavors are light and craveable.
- Fuego Cocina y Tequileria – 2800 Clarendon Blvd., Arlington, VA 22201 – A temple of traditional Mexican cuisine serving in-your-face-food with authentic, robust, not-for-the-faint-of-heart flavors and textures.
- Which Wich Superior Sandwiches – 4300 Wilson Boulevard #160, Arlington, VA 22203 – This new sandwich shop boasts over 50 varieties of Wiches with more than 60 toppings. An awesome sandwich awaits you!
- Fat Shorty’s – 3035 Clarendon Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201 – Quite simply: Your neighborhood Beer Garden-Style sausage, mussels and beer restaurant. ‘Nuff said.
- Circa in Clarendon – 3010 Clarendon Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201 – An earned reputation for becoming a local bistro serving great food, great drinks and offering the clientele a great time. This place is warm, inviting, and current, offering an energized social scene.
- EatBar – 2761 Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201 – One of the truest forms of a neighborhood restaurant, dinner is accompanied with whimsey and personality. Cartoon brunch and Classic movie night on Sundays is where it’s at.
- The Green Pig – 1025 N Fillmore St, Arlington, VA 22201 – serves what may be more obscure cuts of meat in their finest form – food that is hearty, not heavy; sustainable and with proper technique above all.