Washington, DC (February 5, 2014) – This Valentine’s Day, Tel’Veh Wine Bar will unveil a special aphrodisiac themed eight-course menu, ripe with a bevy of tantalizing flavors and flattering wine pairings. Chef Dimo Kalouas’ will give you; Oysters La La, Bourbon Braised Octopus, Palm Heart Fettuccini, and an assortment of desserts sure to please.
The eight-course meal is reasonably priced at $75 per person with an optional $35 wine pairing, specially prepared with a discerning touch by sommelier Cesar Varela. Couples searching for a romantic, taste stimulating, candle-lit dinner experience will revel in the evening’s ambiance and energy.
Tel’Veh Wine Bar Eight-Course Valentine’s Day Dinner Menu
– Oysters La La – Over diced apples with herbed champagne (parsley, fennel, flower petals, micro sprouts) & apple juice
– Arugula Terrine – Prosciutto and pearls & honey balsamic
– Bourbon Braised Octopus – Kalamata olive foam, shishito pepper puree (or scallion puree) & black garlic sauce
– Tuna Love Spell – Sesame seed crust, with raspberry jelly (Madeira demi glace) & a dash of wasabi
– Palm Heart Fettuccini with popcorn, Parmesan and zucchini
– Cocoa – Crusted Mutton with Stilton espuma, avocado, blood orange and arugula sprouts
– Lover’s Quail – wrapped with cole fat (bolia) over fylo nest, celery root puree, pesto puree, demi glace (pomegranate sauce) pomegranate seeds and black truffles
– A Happy Ending – Chocolate flakes, chocolate truffles, chocolate covered fruits (strawberry, cherry & banana), European style cheesecake (with raspberry sauce), braised watermelon and semolina pudding dice
Tel’Veh Wine Bar is located at 401 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20001, and is the sister restaurant of Agora, located on 17th Street in Dupont Circle.
The wine bar is equipped with a Vinotemp Wine Dispenser; a temperature and humidity-controlled wine system that preserves open bottles of wine with nitrogen gas. Tel’Veh is one of only a handful of restaurants in the area with such wine preservation technology. The restaurant’s wine list is organized by region with an emphasis on New World and Old World varietals. A rotating selection of 200+ wines are available by the bottle and 52 wines available by the glass.
Make your reservation at Opentable.com HERE.