Silver Spring, MD (September 10, 2013) – On September 24th, The Daily Dish in Silver Spring will host a Flying Dog five-course dinner. Seasonal products will be paired with brewhouse rarities, like the Roggen and Belgian Devil Ale as well as The Truth Imperial IPA, Snake Dog IPA and The Fear Imperial Pumpkin Ale (brewed only once a year).
Chef owner Jerry Hollinger and partner Zena Polin will team up with brewmaster representatives from Flying Dog to present a five-course menu paired with a variety of suds that are out of the ordinary.
How it works:
– The night will begin with a social hour featuring Roggen (a German Hefeweizen); Beet Gazpacho; Patty Pan Squash with Clam, Bacon and Goat Cheese Stuffing and “Green Eggs ‘N Ham.”
– The sit-down dinner commences with a first course of salmon, scallop & leek terrine over frisee with house-made pickled vegetables or carrot & purple and green cauliflower terrine paired with Snake Dog IPA.
– Next, is the pasta course of house-made ravioli with a filling of wild mushrooms, shallots, ricotta and parmesan cheeses topped with duck confit and braised endive with focaccia bread paired with the Devil Ale.
– The fourth course is gumbo with andouille sausage, smoked chicken and rice or a Louisiana-style vegetarian gumbo paired with The Truth Imperial IPA.
– The meal ends with a luscious dessert of pumpkin & beer Whoopie Pie with gingersnap cookie filling and pumpkin ice cream with The Fear Imperial Pumpkin Ale.
Along with the meal, there will be a talk by the brew master along with giveaways including a tour of the Flying Fish Brewery, logoed apparel, gift certificates and more.
The menu is priced at $60 for five beers and five courses (not including tax and gratuities). Tuesday, September 24th at 6:30 p.m (dinner will be served promptly at 7). Reservations Required. Vegetarian options are available. To make a reservation, call (301) 588-6300 or head to: www.thedailydishrestaurant.com