A taste of Tuscany has arrived in the Shaw neighborhood of Washington, DC.
Executive Chef Massimo Fabbri takes exceptional pride in presenting his culinary creations, paying homage to his family and hometown of Monsummano Terme in the Tuscan region of Italy.
The warm surroundings will feature layers of rich texture and elements of the Monsummano town crest.
San Lorenzo is named after Massimo’s favorite neighborhood in Florence – Borgo San Lorenzo, as well as his 4 year old son, who in turn is named for San (or Saint) Lorenzo, the patron saint of chefs.
The intimate space was designed by SWATCHROOM using a palette of cream, charcoal, warm golds, weathered greens and terracotta to create a soothing and refined environment inspired by the oxidized surfaces and materials you would find in the landscape of Tuscany. There is an olive tree branch chandelier created by DC artist Dan Gray of Dan Gray Studio. Framed Tuscan daily life photographs hang by Ray Lupo, a DC patent lawyer.
· PROSCIUTTO E GRISSINI: Imported prosciutto, fava beans, Tuscan breadsticks, Castello di Ama olive oil
· TONNO: Big eye tuna carpaccio, hearts of palm, chives, radish, persimmon vinaigrette
· PANZANELLA DI FINOCCHIO: Tuscan tomato-bread salad, cucumbers, fennel, red onion
· RUCOLA: Arugula salad, shaved sunchokes, Tuscan Pecorino, lemon dressing
· CALAMARI: Roasted calamari, shaved brussels sprouts, bell pepper puree
· FIORI DI ZUCCA: Deep fried squash blossoms, truffled goat cheese, tomato sauce, organic greens
· PAPPARDELLE: Tosca-style rabbit ragu, white wine, herbs, olive oil
· TORTELLI: Crown-shaped ravioli filled with Robbiola, black truffle, porcini mushroom sauce
· RISOTTO: Arborio Rice with Pecorino, mint and green peas
· CHITARRA: Squared guitar-string spaghetti with spicy tomato sauce, garlic, basil
· TAGLIERINI: Morel mushroom ragu, clams, artichokes, ramps, cherry tomato, white wine sauce
· BRANZINO ALL’ISOLANA: Roasted whole boneless branzino filled with potatoes, tomatoes, olives, fresh herbs
· CAPESANTE: Sautéed scallops, fava bean puree, chanterelle mushrooms, espelette olive oil
· ROSTICCIANA: Roasted Tuscan style pork ribs, sage, rosemary, cannellini beans, organic greens
· LA VERA TAGLIATA ALLA MAIALETTO (serves 2 ppl): Grilled T-bone steak, sliced, aromatic oil, sea salt, black pepper, sautéed spinach, grilled portobello mushrooms
· POLLO BIOLOGICO LOCALE: Roasted organic chicken breast, farro salad, organic chard, Brunello sauce
· CIOCCOLATO: Chocolate mascarpone cheesecake, chocolate-orange glaze, pistachios
· PANNA COTTA: Crème fraiche panna cotta, fresh strawberries, balsamic caramel
· CROSTATA: Summer fruit crostata, house made vanilla gelato
· GELATO: Ice Cream of the day
· SORBETTO: Sorbet of the day
· FORMAGGI: Selection of cheeses
SAN LORENZO SIGNATURE COCKTAILS
· GROTTA GIUSTI: Vodka, Strawberry, Tomato Water, Lemon
· MORANDI: Gin, Basil, Lemon Sorbet, Prosecco
· SUPERPESCA: Rum, Amaro, Ginger Beer, Lime
· VIA EMILIA: Mezcal, Aperol, Cocchi di Torino
· BAR STADIO: Bourbon, Orgeat, Lemon, Sangiovese
San Lorenzo. 1316 9th St NW, Washington, DC 20001. (202) 588-8954.