Quadrant, the award-winning, high-end cocktail program, located within The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, D.C. has launched its brand new “Traveler’s Journal” cocktail menu.
The 90+ page travel-themed menu focuses beverages from around the world, telling the story of cocktail creations that helped shape today’s world of mixology.
Lead Mixologist Chris Mendenhall, known for his introduction of Sound-Aged Whiskey last spring, has added to the new menu a lineup of nearly 25 original cocktail recipes he created using culinary techniques, as well as an expanded sound-aged spirits selection.
A few highlights below:
- Aviator: Gin, Creme de Violette, Maraschino Liqueur, Fresh Lemon Juice
- The Smoked Old Fashioned: Bourbon, House Made-Smoked Syrup, Cherry Bitters
- Cherry Blossoms in a Glass: Japanese whisky, Amaretto, house plum and cherry syrup, fresh orange juice;
- Chestnuts Roasting in the Caribbean: Rum, Port wine, chestnut vanilla bean syrup, fresh lemon juice, cream, chocolate bitters;
- Liquid Ice Cream: Bourbon, cherries, vanilla bean, coconut syrup, chocolate bitters, cream;
- Sound “Aged” Negroni: Gin, sweet vermouth sound-aged in American oak soaked in Cabernet;
- The Covered Bridge: Honey gin, calvados, house-made blueberry lemon ginger shrub, fresh lemon juice, honey water, orange blossom water, lemon bitters, egg white
Quadrant Bar & Lounge located inside The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC. 1150 22nd St NW, Washington, DC 20037. (202) 835-0500.