Washington, DC (April 14th, 2014) – The Washington Humane Society (WHS) hosted the Fashion for Paws 8th Annual Runway Show (F4P) and fundraiser on Saturday, April 12, 2014, at the beautiful Omni Shoreham Hotel, located at 2500 Calvert Street NW. The event was chaired by Dr. Ashley Gallagher and featured Co-Hosts, WJLA’s Scott Thuman and Dr. Katy Nelson.
This year the event was designed by Design Foundry and along with Atmosphere, Quince Imaging, and Maryland Sound, they donated a portion of their services which transformed the hotel into a spectacular special event.
Fundraising models were dressed by the luxury retailers of Tysons Galleria, with stunning hair and makeup provided by Toka Salon & Day Spa. Our four-footed models were outfitted by Wagtime with signature doggie couture to accent the designs worn by the two-legged runway models.
– There were more than 1,000 guests in attendance
– The event raised more than $420,000 for the Washington Humane Society
– Awards were presented to the top four fundraising models:
– 2014 Model Washingtonian of the Year, Lita Frazier, raised $31,145
– 2014 Model First Runner-Up, Nora Dweck, raised $25,720
– 2014 Model Second Runner-Up, Jessica Abrahams, raised $25,385
– Honoree Denise Willard raised $21,685
– A total of 46 models walked the runway!