Washington, DC (November 4, 2011) – Urbana Restaurant and Wine Bar has a solution for busy diners this fall with the launch of the new “Urbana Lunch Box,” a to-go menu featuring seasonal dishes such as Chef John Critchley’s fig and ham pizza with Serrano ham, roasted figs and rosemary cream, or the ‘market pizza,’ featuring seasonal ingredients from the Dupont Circle Farmer’s Market. Sandwich options include chicken salad and turkey, and the fried eggplant sandwich with roma tomatoes, piquillo peppers, goat cheese and basil aioli makes for a good vegetarian option.
Each lunch box ($14.95) comes with a side salad of baby mixed field greens, aged goat cheese, pickled spring onions and red wine-honey dressing, a choice of pizza or a sandwich, potato chips and a house-made chocolate chip cookie. All orders can be placed via phone, and will be ready for pick up between 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. From now through November, diners will receive a complimentary re-usable bag with their order, which they can bring back for and receive $1 off on future orders.
The Urbana Lunch Box consists of a Seasonal Side Salad, Choice of Pizza or Sandwich, Potato Chips and a Chocolate Chip Cookie:
Side Salad; baby mixed field greens, aged goat cheese, pickled spring onions and red wine-honey dressing
- Margherita: mozzarella, basil and tomato
- Salsiccia: sopressata, onion, taggiasche olives, artichokes and pork sausage
- “Market” Pizza: ingredients gathered from the Dupont Circle Farmers’ Market each week *changes weekly, ask for the week’s selection when ordering
- Four Cheese: pecorino, fresh goat, gorgonzola, parmesan topped with caramelized onions
- Fig and Ham: Serrano ham, roasted figs and rosemary cream
- Burger: 100% ground beef burger, pickled onion, Bibb lettuce and tomato with a choice of cheddar or Swiss cheeses
- Fried Eggplant: roma tomatoes, piquillo peppers, goat cheese and basil aioli
- Chicken Salad: chicken salad sandwich with mayonnaise, celery, grapes and pine nuts served on brioche with romaine and red onion
- Turkey: sliced smoked turkey breast, apple wood smoke bacon, tomato, Bibb lettuce, cheddar cheese and chipotle mayo on wheat bread
Urbana is located at 2121 P Street, NW, Washington, DC. For more information visit www.urbanadc.com or call 202-956-6650. Find Urbana on Facebook at www.facebook.com/urbana or follow Chef John Critchley on twitter at twitter.com/chefcritchley.