Washington, DC – La Puerta Verde will open to the public beginning with dinner service on Tuesday, January 17th, in DC’s Ivy City Neighborhood in the Hecht Warehouse.
La Puerta Verde – which translates to ‘The Green Door’ – is simultaneously reminiscent of a traditional Mexican Hacienda and nostalgic to its Ivy City roots.
On January 17, we invite you into our house. Located in the emerging neighborhood of #IvyCityDC, the restaurant is a warm, inviting space with reclaimed furniture, bright murals by @misschelove. The food is simple, authentic Mexican fare that owner Ari Gejdenson was inspired by through his years of working & running establishments with employees of the culture. La Puerta Verde is a result of that inspiration. . . . #ihavethisthingwithfloors #dc #inspire
How big is the restaurant?
3,800 square feet, seats up to 85 guests
Grilled Avocado Guacamole, Calamari Sinaloa – calamari tossed with pickled vegetable relish,
Pescado a la Talla – grilled whole fish in banana leaves and guajillo marinade
Carne Arrachera – grilled beef skirt steak with chorizo and cactus paddles, spring onions and queso fresco.
But I’m thirsty…
– Tequilas, mezcal, beers (local and imported)
– LPV Magarita with Silver Tequila, triple sec and fresh lime juice
– Jardin Ahumado (Smoky Garden) with Mezcal, fresh lime juice, cilantro
– Mezgroni with Mezcal, sweet vermouth,amaro (!!!)
– TQ Del Sol with Silver Tequila, house grenadine, OJ, Sangria with Red wine, brandy, berries, citrus
– Horchata Borracha with Reposado tequila, horchata, fernet valet
– Michelada with Tecate, tomato juice, and lime
La Puerta Verde joins fellow Mindful Restaurant Group restaurants; Ari’s Diner, Dock FC, Ghibellina, Sotto, Denson Liquor Bar, Harold Black, and Acqua Al 2. For additional information on Mindful Restaurant Group please visit www.MindfulRestaurants.com.