Dupont Circle gathering place Firefly welcomes Rich Falbo as its new executive chef. With a degree in Hospitality from Texas Tech University, a culinary arts degree from New England Culinary Institute, and more than 20 years of experience in the restaurant industry, Falbo brings his affinity for heartfelt service and delicious, responsibly sourced food to Firefly.
Falbo honed his culinary chops as sous chef and chef de cuisine at Hyatt Regency Resorts in Maui, Hawaii and Austin, Texas, respectively. As executive chef at Perla’s, Falbo developed a great appreciation for sustainable seafood and oyster culture and helped establish Perla’s as one of the premier seafood restaurants in Texas.
In 2017, Falbo had the honor of cooking at the James Beard House in New York City.
NEW MENU FEATURES:
– “Pig Wings” made with wild boar, Bayley Hazen blue cheese, and hot sauce
– Kale and Whole Grain Bowl with roasted roots, pumpkin seeds, sesame, radicchio, and apple
– Seared Atlantic Sea Scallops and Butternut Hominy Hash finished with a Kentucky bourbon-Mexican cola reduction
– Kabocha Squash with an Asian rice blend, watercress, marcona almonds, and fresh citrus
– Steak Salad made with locally sourced, grilled chuck steak and topped with shaved carrots, fresh mint, fresh cilantro, and pistachios
Firefly Restaurant – DC. Located in the Kimpton Hotel Madera. 1310 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036. (202) 861-1310.