Washington, DC (May 21, 2015) – The JW Marriott Washington, DC recently unveiled the multi-million dollar redesign of its 750 guest rooms, corridors, and executive lounge. The renovation gives the property an updated and sophisticated look synonymous with the JW Marriott brand design ethos and aesthetic.
“JW Marriott Washington DC holds great significance for the JW Marriott brand and our global portfolio,” said Mitzi Gaskins, Vice President & Global Brand Manager, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts. “Originally opened in 1984 as a dedication to our company’s founder from his family, this property has helped pave the way for our brand over the past 30 years.”
Intended to enhance and elevate the guest experience, the new distinguished rooms were inspired by the bespoke nature of a beautifully tailored suit. Guests will experience a calming color palate of deep chocolate, charcoal and pearl grey with small accents of pink and chrome reminiscent of a stylish pocket square and men’s watch. Guests will also notice the textures of tweed, leather and herringbone stitching, as well as subtle patterns of Greek keys and paisley often seen on men’s neckties.
– All rooms now have energy efficient A/C units and LED light bulbs.
– 48” HDTVs and USB ports.
– Bathrooms have illuminated mirrors and spa-like showers with a discrete shave pedestals.
– King bedrooms feature a love seat that transforms into a single bed.
– 37,000 square feet of newly renovated luxury banquet and meeting space, including the 14,000 square foot Grand Ballroom, 29 meetings rooms
– 7,000 square foot terrace on the 12th floor, overlooking the nation capital and its historic monuments and landmarks.
APPS AND MORE
-Mobile Check-In & Check-Out Provides Marriott Rewards members an enhanced arrival experience with check-in up to two hours before arrival and automatic notifications when a room is ready.
-Free Wi-Fi All Marriott Rewards members enjoy free in-room Wi-Fi when they book directly on Marriott.com, Marriott’s mobile app, 1-800 MARRIOTT.
-JW Event Concierge (video), meeting service app that allows meeting planners to manage their event without leaving their seat. Meeting planners can request, respond and connect in real-time with hotel event staff on any mobile device.