Washington, DC (October 31, 2011) – Firefly Restaurant has launched a new, seasonally-inspired cocktail menu, conceived by assistant general manager Eric Santiago. Santiago along with chef and general manager Daniel Bortnick, have worked closely to translate Firefly’s modern American comfort fare prepared with local ingredients, to the new cocktail offerings. Santiago, whose passion for mixology started during his stint as general manager at Boston’s Armani Café, continued his love for cocktails as managing partner at Cafeteria Boston.
Santiago has crafted brand new fall-inspired concoctions such as the Miss Figgy, made with fig infused Hennessey, Dow’s port, apple juice and lime. There’s also the Bourbon Cream Soda a cinnamon infused Maker’s Mark bourbon with house-made vanilla syrup and soda. Torn between a glass of beer and a cocktail? Guests can savor the best of both worlds with the Bathtub Gin, made with the locally-brewed Heavy Seas Golden Ale, Aviation gin, juniper-infused simple syrup and fresh lemon. For those avoiding alcohol, a new selection of ‘mocktails’ is available including the Dew Drop: freshly squeezed lemonade, lavender and honey syrup; the Ruby Sparkle: fresh lemon, pomegranate and cranberry juices with a splash of soda and the Spiced Apple Cider: local cider infused with autumn spices
Each cocktail is available for $12.50, and a monthly rotating selection of one signature drink will be available for $6 during happy hour (Monday to Friday between 4:00 and 7:00 p.m.). Proceeds from sales of The Pink Lady, made with cranberry and citrus infused vodka, pomegranate juice and sparkling wine, will be donated to the Susan G. Komen foundation.
Chef Danny Bortnick’s ‘Seven Salty Snacks’ will complement the cocktail offerings, and are available for $5 each throughout happy hour. Recommendations are the Deviled Eggs with smoked paprika, caper powder, and garlic chips and the Chicken Fried Oysters with po’boy sauce.
The full cocktail list includes:
- Lavender Lemon Drop: Hangar One vodka, fresh lemon, lavender and honey syrup
- Sara’s Old Fashioned: Russell’s reserve bourbon with muddled orange, fernet branca, and raw sugar
- Tranquilo: Herradura Reposado, muddled mint, fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, lime and Cointreau
- Salsa Verde: Partida tequila infused with roasted poblano peppers, Cointreau, fresh lime, cilantro-agave puree and peppered salt rim
- Bourbon Cream Soda: cinnamon infused Maker’s Mark bourbon with house made vanilla syrup and soda
- The Pink Lady*(10% of proceeds donated to Susan G. Komen Foundation): cranberry and citrus infused Grey Goose vodka, pomegranate juice and sparkling wine
Firefly, the quintessential urban neighborhood restaurant, offers contemporary American comfort food in Washington, DC’s Dupont Circle neighborhood. General Manager and Chef Danny Bortnick’s menus are designed to utilize products from local farms and farmers. Hand-picked to complement the cuisine, Firefly’s all-American wine list shows an affinity for small winemakers and producers and the seasonal specialty cocktail menu offers a bevy of unique libations. For reservations call 202-861-1310 or visit Firefly online at www.firefly-dc.com.