Washington, DC (February 25, 2014) – The historic Mayflower Renaissance Hotel, known for hosting a scandal here and there, will be the place for “Scandalous Thursdays” viewing parties at its restaurant Edgar Bar & Kitchen, in honor of the return of ABC’s new season of Scandal.
During “Scandalous Thursdays” at Edgar, guests and locals alike can watch the action heat up between Olivia Pope and President Fitz Grant III, while they cool down with specialty-themed cocktails.
On the Menu:
– Fitz Gin Fizz – a blend of gin, simple syrup, fresh lime and club soda
– B6-13 – which fuses vodka, crème de cocoa, one shot of espresso and simple syrup
– Gladiator – a mixture of rum, vodka, gin, tequila, triple sec, lemon juice and a splash of cola.
– Or! The Ms. Pope – Olivia’s favorite meal of red wine and popcorn.
The party will begin every Thursday at 7:00 p.m. EST, leading up to the airing of the episodes at 10:00 p.m. EST.
The Mayflower Renaissance Hotel is also offering a “Secret Affairs” package for stays from Thursday through Sunday.
This scandalous escape includes:
– Overnight accommodations
– Breakfast for two at Edgar Bar & Kitchen
– Entrance to “Scandal” viewing party at Edgar Bar & Kitchen
– Complimentary appetizer and cocktails for two at Edgar Bar & Kitchen
– Complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival
– Complimentary valet parking
Rates start at $219 per night, subject to availability and based on double occupancy. Please use special booking code P51 for this offer. The package is available through May 26, 2014.
For more information and to make a reservation, visit: www.RenaissanceMayflower.com or call (800) 228-9290.