Washington, DC (October 29, 2014) – Daikaya, the popular izakaya & ramen shop, is excited to recognize Godzilla’s official birthday on November 3rd.
The restaurant will be featuring Godzilla-inspired dishes and three specialty cocktails from Monday, November 3rd through Sunday, November 9th. Also, on November 3rd, guests dining at Daikaya will be able to view the popular Godzilla film beginning at 6 PM, and it will loop through the entire evening until closing time at 10 PM.
Executive Chef Katsuya Fukushima’s monster birthday dishes are;
– Gozira Karaage with marinated alligator lightly tossed in potato starch and deep fried and served with a fiery dipping sauce for $9
– Bambi meets Godzilla “Tsukune” with grilled elk and pork meatballs dipped in yakitori sauce for $5
– Godzilla’s Pretty Cool a fire-breathing soft serve snickers ice cream with snickers pieces, doused with Japanese whiskey, and flamed for $4.
For the perfect pairing, newly appointed Beverage Director Jamie MacBain has created three cocktails for the birthday celebration:
– King of the Monsters, Nishi Yoshida “kintaro” shochu, Cocchi Americano, and Chinese five spice bitters served on a large ice cube with a grapefruit twist
– Alpha Predator, Nikka Taketsuru 12 year old whisky, Cruzan black strap rum, Pierre Ferrand dry curacao, and chocolate bitters served up with and orange twist, and
– Monster Zero-One, Choya Umeshu, Palo Cortado, Kiku Masamune taru sake and coriander bitters served up with a plum. Cocktails are priced at $11 each.
Daikaya is located at 705 6th Street, NW, near the National Building Museum and the Verizon Center.