Washington, DC (March 27, 2014) – Chef Mike Isabella will host a James Beard Celebrity Chef Tour Dinner at his Greek restaurant, Kapnos, on Wednesday, April 23rd. Isabella will team up with seven other acclaimed culinary talents from Washington, D.C. and across the country for an evening of spectacular food and drink.
– Taha Ismail, beverage director for G, Graffiato and Kapnos
– Adam Bernbach, Mixologist of 2 Birds 1 Stone, Doi Moi, Estadio, and Proof, and
– Chantal Tseng of Mockingbird Hill
Passed HORS D’OEUVRES will be prepared by
– Victor Albisu, chef/owner of Del Campo and Taco Bamba
– Scott Drewno, executive chef of The Source by Wolfgang Puck, and
– Haidar Karoum, chef/partner of of Doi Moi, Estadio, Proof.
– First Course: Chef Kevin Sbraga of Sbraga and The Fat Ham (Philadelphia, PA)
– Second Course: Chef Jamie Bissonnette of Coppa and Toro (Boston, MA)
– Third Course: Chef Mike Solomonov of Zahav (Philadelphia, PA)
– Fourth Course: Chef Mike Isabella of G, Graffiato, Kapnos, and Kapnos Taverna (Washington, D.C.)
– Fifth Course: Pastry Chef Chris Ford of Bouchon Bakery (Los Angeles, CA)
The Celebrity Chef Tour showcases the culinary artistry of James Beard Foundation Award winners and celebrity chefs in restaurants, resorts, and other exclusive venues around the country. Like dining at the James Beard House, guests have the rare opportunity to interact with the participating chefs throughout the evening and savor specially designed tasting menus complete with wine and beverage pairings.
The dinner event will take place on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at Kapnos (2201 14th Street NW) at 7pm. The price is $200 (inclusive of tax and gratuity), proceeds from the dinner will benefit The James Beard Foundation.
Tickets go on sale Sunday, March 30 at www.celebritycheftour.com.
Citi ® Hilton HHonors ™ Visa Signature ® card members receive access to a 72-hour pre-sale starting TODAY.