Washington, DC – Bonfire, a campfire focused restaurant and bar located in the heart of Dupont Circle has just opened.
Under Executive Chef R.L. Boyd and Pastry Chef Ellen Diekemper, Bonfire will take Washington, DC by fiery storm with a playful menu incorporating elements of smoke, fire, and rustic cast iron cooking techniques in the form of creative s’mores, campfire skillets and an innovative menu highlighting seasonal ingredients such as day boat scallops, rockfish and wild mushrooms.
Designed by Swatchroom, Bonfire’s space enlivens the campfire and community spirit with a sleek and modern charm.
ON THE MENU:
– Peach Mumbo Chicken Wings and Spicy Ginger-Cola Wings served with house made Proper Ranch for dipping.
– Hawaiian Tuna Poke is seasoned with Aleppo, white soy and preserved lime and served – with avocado, fried garlic, and no-no rice (forbidden rice).
– Aleppo-spiced “Handheld” Crispy Chicken is stacked with house made pickle chips with the perfect crunch, sharp cheddar, and creamy mustard-mayo.
– Dark Chocolate Skillet with Colombian chocolate and banana, topped with marshmallow and homemade graham crackers.
– Seasonal Fruit Skillet, with brown buttered apples, cinnamon marshmallow and shortbread cookies.
– The Peanut Butter & Banana boasts is served with a homemade chocolate graham cracker, fragrant banana marshmallows and creamy peanut butter ganache.
– The Blueberry Lemon features a crisp and buttery shortbread cookie with Chinese 5 spiced ganache, blueberry compote and lemon marshmallow.
– Nocino, which features bourbon, sherry and smoked almond tea and
– Sas-Squash which features roasted acorn squash, whiskey and smoke from a rye whiskey barrel stave.
Bonfire is located at 1132 19th Street, Northwest.